If you have one or more missing teeth, and seek the superior treatment option, our skilled team can help you to look and feel great again with dental implants.
Dental implants are a permanent solution to tooth-loss, lasting for over 20 years with proper care, and as each implant is created bespoke to you, you'll benefit from a truly natural-looking smile.
Implants are strong, reliable and long-lasting. As well as restoring your natural tooth function, dental implants can be a great confidence boost, both in terms of your self-esteem and in allowing you to enjoy the foods you love again.
Are dental implants right for me?
If you're looking for a permanent solution that's as close to a natural tooth as possible, dental implants are ideal. Other benefits to this treatment include:
- Function: Implants help to restore your tooth function, giving you the freedom to enjoy the foods that may have once caused you problems
- Appearance: The implant's custom-made finish creates a natural look, designed to seamlessly blend with your existing smile
- Security: An implant also replaces your tooth's root, creating a secure base
- Preservation: This root replacement also helps to preserve your jawbone, which may otherwise begin to shrink, causing changes in your facial structure
- Strength: The dental implant root is made from titanium, providing true strength and stability
Which type of implant is right for me?
- Missing one tooth – A single implant can be fitted to seamlessly replace your lost tooth
- Missing two or more teeth – Multiple implants can be used to support a bridge, or secure a denture
- Looking to stabilise dentures – Implants can be used to support removable dentures securely in place whilst being worn, or to fix your dentures in place permanently, just like real teeth
How does the process work?
To assess the suitability of dental implants, you'll undergo a professional consultation with one of our highly qualified clinicians. During this, we'll identify the best possible path for your needs, before creating a bespoke treatment plan. Your treatment plan will involve taking X-rays of your mouth, as well as generating a model of your teeth to ensure a perfectly-fitted replacement.
The dental implant procedure involves the following stages:
- The implant itself, made from titanium, is fitted into your jawbone to replace your missing tooth's root
- Once fitted, it can take between four and eight months for the implant to correctly fuse with your jawbone. During this time, you'll receive a temporary replacement crown, before being fitted with your permanent solution once the fusing has taken place
- A small attachment, referred to as an abutment, is then fitted to the implant, which is the device that will hold your artificial tooth in place
- Once the implant has fused to your jawbone, the replacement tooth is then fitted to the abutment
- The abutment and tooth stages of the process can be customised to suit your requirements - your clinician will advise you on the best solution for your teeth. Your teeth can then be brushed, flossed and cared for just like your natural ones.
There are alternative treatment options that your dentist will discuss with you if you wish, such as crowns, bridges and dentures; however, none provide as permanent a solution as an implant.
Unlike other options, an implant also helps to preserve your jawbone - without affecting the neighbouring teeth, as crowns and bridges may do. Implants can also be used in conjunction with alternative treatments, to strengthen the overall finish. For example, if you have more than one missing tooth, implants may be suggested to help create a stable base for a dental bridge to be placed.
During your initial consultation, your dentist will ensure you're completely comfortable with your treatment plan, ensuring you receive the bespoke treatment you need in complete confidence.
Your dental implant treatment
For the treatment, you'll receive a local anaesthetic, to keep any discomfort to a minimum. Should you feel particularly nervous about the process, speak to your dentist about the possibility of dental sedation; this allows you to remain in a completely relaxed state throughout treatment.
Our practice is designed to help you feel as relaxed as possible throughout any treatments you may require, so our dentists are more than happy to discuss additional support to help you feel comfortable throughout.
The treatment itself usually takes as little as one hour, however this will depend on your specific treatment plan, and the number of implants to be fitted - your dentist will advise during your initial consultation so you know what to expect at every stage.
We know that you’ll have several questions and individual concerns prior to your treatment – your dental team are here to answer any questions you may have, and to discuss in detail which are the best options for you.
Please use the interactive enquiry tool below to let us know your concerns, and a member of our team will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, feel free to book an appointment directly, where our skilled clinicians can talk you through your options
Book an Appointment
Implant enquiry form
Select your affected teeth
Please click on the teeth where you are considering dental implants, using the options below:
Click once for missing tooth
Click twice for loose or failing tooth
Click three times for a broken tooth