Hygiene Standards at Oasis Dental Care
Tuesday 6th September 2016, posted in News Archive
Oasis Dental Care have always made clinical standards, the hygiene of our surgeries, and the apparatus we use a priority.
In light of the news of the Nottinghamshire dentist whose hygiene practices have led to more than 22,000 former patients being recalled for blood tests, we wanted to reassure our patients of the rigorous standards our teams apply at every appointment.
- As a company we have invested more than £4.5 million to ensure every one of our practices has a decontamination room that meets the highest of industry standards.
- Our staff are trained to follow the company’s rigorous cross infection procedures to ensure all the apparatus used by our dentists are sterilised to the highest standards.
- All new staff members have a comprehensive induction including infection control and have on-going training.
- All of our practices have a dedicated Cross Infection Control lead who takes responsibility for maintaining these standards.
- All of our practices are inspected by the Care Quality Commission to independently asses our infrastructure, equipment and the procedures we have in place. All of our practices meet the stringent guidelines laid out by the CQC.
- Oasis has a comprehensive clinical support structure in place to provide guidance to all of its clinicians. A robust audit framework is also in place to ensure we comply with the CQC’s Essential Standards of Quality and Safety.
Above all, at Oasis we want our patients to be relaxed and reassured that when they visit one of our practices they will receive the highest standards of dental care. Our practice teams would be happy to demonstrate the decontamination procedures to any patient who would like to know more about this process. Alternatively, we have provided a some answers to Frequently Asked Questions